Tuesday, January 4, 2011

From My Former Students

People I know who viewed my blog tend to remember my food entries. That seems to be our common weakness these days. However, I refuse to reinforce that craving for now... for now!

On December 24, 2010, when I cleaned my closet, I came across some souvenirs of my years of teaching. Since I'm in a different field now, I know in my heart that it's time to let go of my old stuff. But there are things that I can't just let go. Hence, this entry. Below are some written evaluation of my former freshmen students. I asked my students not to write their names so that they could write freely. 

Honestly speaking, the first time we've met I felt not comfortable in your class because I was feeling nervous. That time my perception of you was you're a terror teacher. Nakakahiya man pong sabihin but there were times that I prayed na absent kayo and we have no class in English. But as time goes on, madaming nabago, nakilala ko ang tunay na kayo. Ma'am, thanks a lot for being a friend, sister, mother and at the same time, good teacher. Ma'am we love you!!! Thanks...

For me, I evaluate Ms.___ as a teacher is very interesting because she is strict in a sense that the students have to learn the subject and study well. She's trying to teach us to be good students. 
You're the one person who inspires me to study very well, to be successful someday.

Having a professor like Ms. ___ made us, students feel good and even better. 
You know how to treat your students very well that's why we're very thankful for having a teacher like you who always understand our weaknesses and help us understand those things which we are having a hard time to comprehend. How can I forget the first teacher who told me face to face that I can be someone I didn't expect to become? You're the first person who made me feel proud of myself and who always builds up my self-confidence when I think that I can't make it. For me, you're not just a teacher but my sister who I can turn  on to when all have turned their backs on me.
And because of that and for all the things and favors that you did for me and for us which I did not mention here, my sincerest thank you. Whatever success I can get, you're one of my inspirations and one of the reasons. Thank you.

Ma'am, thank you for being nice teacher to us. Marami po akong/kaming natutuhan sa inyo. Pasensiya na po kayo kung Tagalog ito. 
Sana po kayo uli ang teacher namin sa second year. Malaki po ang utang na loob ko sa inyo para sa lahat ng aking natutunan.
Maraming salamat po!!

These messages will remind me of one of the highlights of my life. Reading these is lifeylicious. To my former students...

Wherever you are guys. I want you to know that I learned a lot from you too. The time I spent with you was so meaningful. I did my best and I am still giving the best I can now though I am no longer called a teacher... You made me the person I am now. Thanks a lot. Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment