Sunday, January 30, 2011

Keeping Self Sane



With all the confusion going on brought my Makati bus blast, accident in Eaton Bldg. in Makati, instability in Egypt, and my midterms... Yes! even my exams, how do I keep myself sane and say "have a lifeylicious day?"


I believe in the power of thoughts. If I entertain bad thoughts, I will be doomed. It's not that I am selfish. It is natural to think of myself first. Right? (Humahanap ng kakampi!) Anyway, I am aware that my actions and thoughts affect others. If I transmit negative vibes, people around me will get weak. If they become weak, they will multiply the nega energy. Just imagine how damaging it could be. 


What do we think of people who smile? One is that they are happy. There are many answers but I'd like to emphasize this one. If we smile at someone, that person usually smiles back unless of course, you're flashing a wicked smile. hahaha! So if that person smiles, even if that person isn't happy yet, he imbibes that feeling and so he becomes one happy person.  


Going back to my question, my answer is I smile. Then I start to feel things will be okay, better or great!  


I am not apathetic. I also feel for those who are victimized, aggrieved, have lost someone and in misery. Reading news articles and watching videos about them make me cry. However, I am powerless to change how they feel. Praying is what I usually end up doing. Then, I shift again to positive mode. I focus on what can trigger happy thoughts... 


like food...
or this...
We need happiness and joy to keep us enthusiastic, to keep us moving towards our goal, our purpose. As we journey towards that end, we are already doing our part. 


What role or how important the role is not important to me. I don't entertain many goals. hahaha! I don't care about labels. Doing what I should ought to do is the favor I can do for my family, friends, church, community, society, and my country.  


To sum up, when we smile (as in genuine smile, kahit pa bungi!), we are doing favors to others already. Isn't it great? Gaganda o gagwapo ka na, nakakatulong ka pa! Lifeylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment