Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chasing Harry

Harry with Hermione and Ron chasing Doinks?

My boyfie and I are supposed to be in Baguio by now. However, since not even Harry Potter could be at two (2) places at the same, I am still in Metro Manila. I am just thankful that I have a very understanding friend, Mhy!

Actually, I was in Baguio for two (2) consecutive years already. If I could make it this year, it will be my third… I still have more than one (1) month. Will I be able to visit it this year? Fate will decide.

As a student, my priority is my studies; hence, I attended and concentrated on my classes from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Thank you, Atty. Atienza for dismissing the class early today!)

Knowing that I did my best this week, I honestly believe that I deserve a … break? Nope. Not just that, but a TREAT! It’s Harry Potter’s Day! Yey! Harry Potter + DQ Rocky Road Blizzard… lifeylicious!

Actually, I am not really a super fan (super fan?) of the eyeglasses-wearing guy Potter. I only read the series when I heard that the final installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, was already out. I bought 1 to 6 in paperback and borrowed the last one because it was kind’a expensive. (Thanks, Jaymark!) I finished them like I just scanned the pages. Yeah, that fast! Can you imagine reading them all like you’ve never stopped? That was my case. After reading them, it was the only time I started watching the Potter movies. Because I was still under the spell of the book, I didn’t enjoy them much. I even criticized some scenes for not being able to give justice to the book. Nevertheless, I have been thankful that I was able to compare things I have imagined to those in the movies, including the characters of course.

When I heard that the first part of the series will be shown this year, I promised myself that I will not miss it! My boyfie just granted my wish! Yipee!

Two (2) Tickets for Php 170 each.

Though I didn’t have same satisfaction I got after watching Inception, I must say that I am satisfied. The texture of the movie is great. It was not too dark compared to the previous one though Lord Valdemort was shown in some scenes. His appearances were numerous enough to create the feeling of anticipation. I also love Ron in this movie because he made me laugh and giggle. Hermione did great too. Though her appearances were remarkable, it was not overpowering to make me forget that this movie is still about Potter, Potter and his FRIENDS! It’s a story of friendship. My favorite scenes? Well, though Hermione and Harry’s intimate kissing scene before the eyes of Ron is an attention-getter, but it’s not what is in my no. 1. I love those scenes with Dobby, the Free Elf.

Here are some of the unforgettable scenes:

*Farewell-Dobby scene was oh so touching. It moved me to the point that I almost cry.

*Hermione and Harry dancing – It tempted me to think a what-if. The chemistry was undeniable. No wonder why Ron acted weird. Hahaha!

*Scenes with Luna – I love her character. A different flavor, I must say.

*Ron’s worst fear – This could be one of the most unforgettable, especially to those fans of Hermione. Yeah! She is not just a girl anymore.

*Hermione and Harry’s encounter with Nagini, the Snake

Since it has been quite some time since I read the books, I was left Identifying who’s who all throughout. The good thing was the characters themselves helped me out. Recalling was incidental, not a challenge.

If you have watched the previous Potter movies, don’t miss this one. You can see here how the characters matured, just like you and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment