Monday, November 8, 2010

I am KONTROL!

As you may know notice, I am kind’a following a sort of list circulating in the blogosphere. When I read that the topic is about a habit, I told myself I am not obliged to follow it because I am the ‘KONTROL’ of my site. (Remember ‘Kontrol’? Yung sa ‘Batang X.’) But to my surprise, I found myself writing something about it.
This blogging thing surprises me… (Totoo!) It’s like knowing another side of me. (wehh!)
So here it is. One habit I wish I didn’t have is buying books. (Ibaba ang kilay, please!) Oh well, you’ll probably say, “what’s wrong with that, gurl? It’s actually a plus. If you’re a diosa and you read, that’s beauty and brains. If you’re a cursed diosa and you read, then at least, you have brains.
Okay, lem’me hit the core. Why should I buy more and more books if I don’t read them? (Gets mo, ‘teh?) I want to read them but I don’t have time to devour them. I am fully aware of this for quite some time. BUT! Whenever I see a good book, I am hypnotized, magnetized, enchanted, spellbound, programmed to buy the book. After paying, I kin’a psyche myself by affirming made-up stories like I had lunch @ Old Spaghetti House or Butterdiner and bought 22oz. DQ Rocky Road Blizzard as my dessert.
To those who are still interested, continue reading. (Alam ko medyo mahaba na, kaya lang alam n’yo naman na ako si Kontrol dito.) More about the book thing. I used to read Sweet Dreams way back in my sophomore years in high school. (Favorite ko yung P.S. I Love You. P.S. as in Paul Strove. Ewan ko lang kung tama ang spelling.) It was a fad then. And just like any other mania, it subsided. I stopped reading when I could not find anyone bringing their pocketbooks. Buying wasn’t an option at that time. In college, I read required readings only. After graduation, a republican, a member of The Republics, lent me a book. I was so into it that I was instantly transformed into a book addict. The more I read, the more I realize that I read to read more and more books. (Adik na adik ang dating!)
Konting books ni Doinks...
When a huge part of my collection was inundated by Ondoy rains, I thought it was farewell time. I was wrong. When I started reading cases, I thought there’s no way that I’ll still buy books but I did!
HELP!
NOTE: I give up the title ‘Kontrol’ as I end this entry because I am not in control for obvious reasons.
My latest grabs!
Trivia:
One of My Favorite Authors: Andrew Matthews (Mahilig kze ako sa may drawing! Hehe)

Drawing by Andrew Matthews
Book Good for Bonding with Friends: Kokology by Tadahiko Nagao
Sulit na sulit!
My Filipino Book Collection: Bob Ong Books (Meron na ‘bang bago mga Kabobo?)

No comments:

Post a Comment