Sunday, November 21, 2010

Professional or Not?

What I found in my notebook!

I just found in my notebook a note about the lecture of Atty. Bautista. I really appreciate it that it prompted me to write my personal assessment so that it will leave a longer impression to my mind cluttered with tidbits of law provisions, cases and things-to-do which includes writing blog entries. By the way, lem'me add that writing here makes me feel better. So to those who are quite surprised why I post entries more frequently than others, I just mentioned my reason.

To go back, Atty. Bautista, assistant city prosecutor of Quezon City, made me appreciate the facts behind the
David vs. Arroyo case. I have read the SCRA version once and digest version several times, yet I was still bedazzled as my unassuming professor narrated the story. More probably because I captured the lifeylicious angle of this highly sensational political case.

What am I talking about? It is the fact that there are still, if not many, professionals in the government. What I mean by professionals here, are those people who are guided my laws and principles, not the ones who blindly follow the commands of the influential people.

Taken during the class of Atty. Bautista
(Model: Don Ballesteros)
Do not forget that a professional is a law-abiding citizen!

PROFESSIONALISM is the bottomline of this entry. Can you imagine how more lifeylicious our lives will be if we will practice it everyday. If giving more than what is required is a burden, giving what is required, or in other words, what is due, can be our fair share as citizens of our country.

If your work is unfinished and you can afford to tweet and open your FB account, can you call yourself a professional?
If you pilfer, and luckily not caught by anyone, are you a professional?

If you are a driver and you follow traffic rules as well as take care and respect your passengers, can you be considered a professional though you have not finished high school?

If you work in government and you let private individuals wait until their eyeballs turn white because they are the ones who need your service, are you a professional?

If you ignore the queue because you are in a hurry, are you a professional?

If you smile while serving the customers attentively, are you a professional?

This list of questions answerable by yes or no can go on and on... but don't lose sight of the things of real importance! We can be a professional in one instance and not in others. Since we are now aware of this, we have to constantly remind ourselves that if we want a lifeylicious life, we have to be responsible. As they say, there is no such thing as free lunch!

Again, being a professional is one way of doing others, our country and ourselves a favor!

1 comment:

  1. I so love this! you have my boyfie's shirt captured on your cam! hahaha!

    about the topic of your post, all I could say is...


    'HEAR, HEAR!'

    :D

    ReplyDelete