Sunday, November 28, 2010

Smitten by Chicken?

Having skipped two important meals, I played a little girl asking for candies to my boyfie when I asked him "where are else can we eat?" Though we earlier agreed to dine in my boyfie's favorite fast food, I was contemplating about trying something unfamiliar. To my delight, a brilliant idea came from my boyfie. He suggested a nearly forgotten place somewhere in Shopwise, Cubao.

Two or three weeks ago, my boyfie and I were intrigued to find a seemingly isolated restaurant in Shopwise, Araneta Center, Cubao. When we checked the menu placed before the entrance, we realized that it serves Singaporean cuisine. Since the price range is pocket friendly, we decided to include it in our to-visit list. That time, book hunting was our priority, so memory of that restaurant was buried in my quite crowded and disorganized long-term memory.

For passers-by eyes...
Though it's several steps away from the free parking space and my pets inside my tummy were waging war against me, I date-walked with partner. Upon entry, I took my weapon out. I looked around as if I was an investigator. The color theme is the familiar red common in fast food. The tables and chairs are common too. The place is clean and in a holiday mood because of the christmas decoration. Lifeylicious, my blog, was already in my mind.

Look at the little girl. Cutie!
Since we're newbies, we entertained the suggestions of the jolly crew. We ordered white chicken and chicken curry. As we waited, customers started to multiply. The newly-arrived patrons gave the place a homey feeling. Soon, bowls of hot soup were served. That was nice, I thought. Few minutes more, the meal was served. Here, have a glimpse!
A SCR Bestseller!
I am far from being an epicurean and the description I know is just delicious, but I am sure that a food expert has something nice to say about the taste of chicken. To give justice to the food that pacified my barbaric pets, I'll say that I oh so love the White Chicken Rice. The chicken is so juicy. The taste was just from chicken. It seemed like there was no flavoring. The dip combo made me appreciate it more. The side dish was exquisite too. The presentation was pleasing enough.

My boyfie, however, refused to five a five-star rating because he was expecting a Filipino-style chicken curry. When I tasted its sauce, I was pretty sure that I love it. I even joked if it's possible to take out the leftover sauce. For me, sauce pa lang, ulam na!


Curry na Curry!
And here is our finale. It may be quite costly considering the price range of the meals, but if you think of cafe-served cold drinks, then you just saved half the price. I just wanna share that I didn't stop until the bottom was clear. (Talap!)
Truly, chocolatey!
I think you know how I will close this entry and you're right! Dinner @ Singapore Chicken Rice is lifeylicious!

You need not see my face to know how I feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment