Monday, November 15, 2010

NU in Past Tense Or Not?

NU 107 in Ortigas

It’s mid of November. As I post some new entries after I took some photos outside the NU 107 Residence in Ortigas, I wonder if I still need to write an entry about NU which is now in past tense. I guess I owe this to many fans, if not all listeners, of NU. I said this because NU should still be on if all the fans were listening.

My boyfie, himself, is guilty of that. I suppose he is not the only one. When he sent a message to his former bandmate to relay the oh so bad news, the latter was shocked. He said how come they didn’t know! Obviously, they were listening no more when NU needed them. Somehow, they should be blamed but I couldn’t because I know they are lamenting! How do I know? They say they grew up with NU!!!


Candle vigil for NU

I am not really a fan, but I have been keeping a sticker of NU! It’s in my hometown so I couldn’t take a picture of it for this post. It’s like a treasure. Though I am not an avid listener, I couldn’t say nobody in our house tuned in… My brother did and so I was too for quite some time… All I know is NU Rock is/was ASTIG! (Present or past tense? Still in dilemma.)

I heard that NU lived for more than 20 years, 23 if I am not mistaken. That was like… since I became aware of rock music. By the way, The Dawn is my favorite band now and forever!

Up to this moment, I am waiting for a twit stating NU is back!

I double-checked, NONE! So this is it.

I can still recall the melancholic feeling of the silent crowd outside the NU station during the last night of NU. They knew that it was the end they feared, yet they stayed just to express how they were feeling. That, I could not stand so we had to leave early.

Body language speaks

Somehow, I hope that NU will resurrect in different form. It may be soon, and maybe not. Anyway, as long as we keep the spirit of rock alive, NU is just around the corner!

NU 107 Rocks Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment