Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Feel-Good Movie

I just arrived after watching a feel-good local movie. This marks another milestone this year because I'm not really into watching locals in cinemas. The thing is this year I watched two (2). So far, I'm still undecided if there will be a third. 


I am sure that some of you will criticize me for that. Let me add that I'm picky because movie tickets are so expensive compared to rental fee at Video City. A regular movie is Php 160 to 170 vs. Php 16. The difference is way too big. So as much as possible, we watch only the blockbusters. Actually, after Narnia, my boyfie and I are now waiting for another Pirate movie. (or is it just me?) 
Next Attraction... Yung movie po. Di ako!
Before I go back to the movie, I will share to you some of the local movies I watched in theaters. (Sa tagalog, pelikulang bumutas ng bulsa) They are Tribu (an indie film), Resiklo (a MMFF film), and A Very Special Love. They are great! 


Now, to the main thing, I just saw My Amnesia Girl. I'm neither a John Lloyd fan though I watch Imortal nor a Toni Gonzaga fan but why I did watch the movie. It's because I heard positive reviews about the movie. It's no wonder why it's still in theaters competing with movies like Tron and Narnia.

A Shot While Waiting for 8:20!
I enjoyed the movie. The lines are oh so funny. The actors (Job well done, Joross and Ketsup!) made the movie hilarious but at the same time, heartwarming.  I don't know why but there were scenes that made my eyes clean. (O iyakin lang talaga ako!) Of course, I noticed some flaws but those did not erase the fact that the movie exceeded my expectations. I was there to laugh and feel good about life and my lovelife (Uyyy!), and the movie delivered. Awesome! So just like what I usually do, I list down my favorite/the unforgettable scenes:
  • Irene Teasing Apollo - The scene is oh so funny, but at the same time with kilig factor because it ended up Apollo embracing Irene because the latter had an asthma attack. 
  • Irene Smelling/Kissing Apollo Inside the Car - Hahaha! A couple in love is just like that. However, other people seeing what's going on is another thing. Kids, close your eyes. Hahaha!
  • Irene Walking Down the Aisle - Toni is definitely not in my top 10 beautiful female artists (Kahit yata top 20), but she was just so beautiful in that scene. Radiant! Glowing! Now I wonder if all brides are really like that. By the way, I think the wig in the movie is unnecessary.
  • Irene Asking Apollo to Run Errands for Her - Well, I don't think what Irene did was out of revenge. Women are just like that at times. Sorry, guys!
  • First Meeting of Irene and Apollo - The pick-up lines really made my day. Usually, I just raise my eyebrow when I hear one, but the lines in this movie are romantic. Pick-up lines here are either cute or cheesy, but romantic. 
  • Friends of Apollo Helping Him Remember the Girls from the Past - It was nice to see Kaye Abad, Angel Locsin and Jodie Sta.Maria there. Jodie's was the funniest! 
There are many more. The movie isn't boring, no dull scenes (ika nga). Scenes capturing the essence of friendship added great value to this movie too. Again, I don't want to be over-analytical about the story because I didn't watch it for that! It was magical in a sense that it stirred my emotions. Hihihi! I'm sure it's not an after effect of Tempra and Fern-C I took before watching it. 

Oh! I also feel like mentioning that before the movie, Boyfie and I went to Pasta Bucket again. Then, inside the theater, we had Doritos (hundred plus na pala s'ya ngayon), DQ Blizzard (as usual) and water (go wellness!) Though I asked for Toblerone, I haven't eaten what we bought yet. I wonder when... Thinking about this fact makes me wanna type this! Lifeylicious!
Both are mine. Mine!
Sa hihingi, ang sagot ko po ay "ubos na po."
 To wrap up, I wanna say "congratulations to Cathy-Garcia Molina, John Lloyd Cruz and Toni Gonzaga!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment