Sunday, December 12, 2010

Greenhills in December

December 11, 2010 (12/11/10, ang galing no?!) is another lifeylicious day. 


As scheduled, my friend/roommate, Amie and, of course, my boyfie went to Greenhills. Of course, you know why, but I will still write the reason here. hahaha! You can't stop me. It's Christmas season. During the holiday season, Greenhills' Christmas attractions never cease to amuse and bring joy to both young and old. Yes, I am talking about the same Christmas presentation and tiangge.
Jesus in Bethlehem

Our mission was to watch the Christmas presentation and have food trip. We weren't disappointed.


The theme of the presentation is Christmas in Wonderland which is brought to us by Greenhills Shopping Center and Globe. (Ilang ulit kami nanuod kaya natandaan ko!) It's all about Santa. The good thing is that Jesus in Bethlehem is the finale. If they didn't make the finale that way, I would feel bad. I just can't get over the line I've read recently. I am talking about "Santa stole Christmas from Jesus." 


Anyway, the story started with a scene showing a family, a couple and kids singing Christmas Songs as they wait for Christmas. Then, the Rudolph scene. Of course, his nose is still red. How Christmas gifts are made was shown too. Then, seeing Santa and his sleigh made me smile. But the scene where Santa slid several times as he climbed the chimney top made me laugh. So you can guess my reaction when, after hearing a loud noise when Santa fell, Santa said "my back hurts!" It was really hilarious! The laughter from the audience, especially kids, made the whole experience more meaningful. As expected, even if Santa got hurt, he was able to deliver the gifts to the kids all over the world. Finally, the birth of Jesus was shown to mark the end of the presentation. 

Look at the little boy. He's so happy!
Just like you, I know the story but I still love watching it. This is a kind of stuff that I haven't outgrown. Also, singing  along with the background music brings a lifeylicious feeling. 


two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree...
Rudolph the red nose reindeer, had a very shiny nose...
O holy night, the stars are brightly shining...

Of course, the night won't be complete without the food galore.


First, we had shawarma and pineapple juice at Babba Shawarma. 
Ang beef ng shawarma. Bow!
 After watching a repeat, we had grilled sausage and jumbo hotdog. 
Ang talap-talap!

After looking around the tiangge stalls, 
Pacquiao shirts... Pili na!


Pili na... Pwedeng isukat!
(May nabili naman po kami, sila pala.) we opted to buy something sweet and cold, i.e., iskrambol (Old Street Iskrambol) We wanted more, but we're full already. It was already past ten when we decided to go home. 


During this season, commuting is so difficult not only because the traffic is terrible everywhere, but also because getting a taxi takes forever. 
Markbell po ang pangalan ng taxi...
Nagpapadagdag ng bayad sa pasahero!
To make the story short, we ended up riding the motorcycle of boyfie. Yes! Three persons in one motorcycle. On our way home, I actually waited for the tires to burst, fortunately they didn't. Woohooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment