Friday, December 10, 2010

A Celebrity's Chicken

 My sister, Malou a.k.a. Trisha (Bawal magtanong kung bakit Trisha k'ze di ko rin alam!) is asking for a new blog entry so I need to post one as soon as I can. Though I still have several pages to read for my 8 a.m. class tomorrow, I have to do this.


Looking for a shop where my boyfie can get costumes for his group, my boyfie and I ended up taking the route  of New Manila. Since we had no specific destination and it was already dinner time, my boyfie suggested to visit Joel Torre's Inasal. Why not! I've seen this business being featured in magazine and on TV so I was kind'a expecting something, something that I can't describe right now... (hahaha)


When my boyfie said "this is the place", my reaction was like... Really?! Okay! Then, I chose the best table among the vacant ones. As I made myself at home, I started appreciating the place. Hmmm... "I see, I see this is really his," I told myself.


Then I asked my boyfie to do the honor of choosing our dish(es) of the night. Of course, he still consulted me and so we had Pa-a and Dinuguan. (Ayos ba?) Do you wanna try ordering? Here...

What's your order, Ma'am/Sir?
While waiting, I observed and realized that customers are from middle class and above. The place was like home. The lighting is somewhat dim. There are frames and posters on the walls. Waiters aren't smiling, but neither angry nor arrogant. (Baka pagod na!

Joel Torre's Movies...
The main piece is an interesting and funny painting. Here...
Such an Attention-Grabber!
Then we ate... The Chicken Pa-a is juicy, juicier than others. The aroma of JT's chicken was so irresistible. As for the Dinuguan, it is okay, but my mom's is 10x better. The rice is of good quality; hence, we ordered an extra. 

A quick pic before we ate...
After the main event, (Parang boxing lang, 'no?) I observed that others were busy enjoying the food. Hmmm... It seemed that they were not first timers unlike us. 
My boyfie paid Php 225.00. Not bad for a lifeylicious dinner! 
Do you wanna try JT's Manukan Grille? This might be of help.

If you're far from New Manila, try these other branches!

No comments:

Post a Comment