Sunday, December 5, 2010

Third Time in Narnia

It's Saturday and as usual I have a lifeylicious tale to share... Anyway, this one is not just for me and my boyfie, but for all of us.

I have been waiting for the Chronicles of Narnia III or The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader for so many months. And since November, I've been literally counting days. Yesterday, I had a hard time avoiding thinking about it. This morning, I wanted to hear a declaration of class suspension just to get to the theater and finally, be in Narnia. 
I enjoyed watching this! Lifeylicious!
Guess what? I just got back from Narnia. (Warning: This is a spoiler.) I had a wonderful adventure with Edmund, Lucy and their cousin - Eustace, Reepicheep, Aslan and of course, my Prince Caspian. I'm sorry, but I really have to mention the most special one last. Oh Caspian, my Caspian (hahaha, nag-a-adik lang!
Taken before watching the movie!
Well, just like what I did in Harry Potter 7, I will just mention some of the most unforgettable or my favorite scenes. By the way, the scenes are in random order.  So let's begin.
  • Reepicheep Asking Permission from Aslan to See Aslan's world. 
It was so touching. I wonder if I could utter those words when my own time comes. I don't want to sound morbid but death was beautifully illustrated there. You see, it's so wonderful when you know that your mission is over and that you have given your best. 

  • Aslan Giving His final Message to Lucy
Aslan is here. He is with us. Lucy may have been closer to Him in Narnia, but here on earth, we can be all Aslan's children, just like Lucy. 
  • Eustace Complaining and Acting So Full of Himself
Eustace was so funny - funny while watching him. But if we are with a person like him, can we afford to laugh? He reminded me again of the maxim "don't judge the book by its cover." There is always something within us that is waiting to be unveiled. It's just a matter of time and courage. How much courage do we have?

  • Lucy wanting to be a beautiful lady
Many want to be in somebody else's shoes. It's hard to point an accusing (It is never easy nor proper, anyway.) to anyone because the illusion that if we do not look like those women in magazines, we are ugly, corrupts our mind. We are being victimized. We just have to be who we are, maybe better persons as we age but still us. 

This also tells me that Lucy is no longer a little girl. (I am aging! hahaha)

  • Lucy Hearing Aslan's Voice
I miss Aslan so much that I was thrilled the first time I heard His voice in the movie. 
  • Reepicheep Comforting Eustace
Seeing Eustace crying because he just transformed into dragon was funny. However, in reality, being in that situation could push someone to end his/her own life. It ain't funny at all.  It is good that there is someone like Reepicheep who went an extra mile just to make Eustace feel better, NOT ALONE!
  • Eustace, the Dragon against the monster
  • Eustace, the Dragon pulling the Dawn Treader
  • Edmund and Prince Caspian being mesmerized by the Image of the Blue Star
  • Lucy reading the book of incantations
  • The pond/water that turns everything into gold
  • Reepicheep's duel with Eustace
  • Eustace's reaction when he found himself in a strange world
There are more. I can go on and on but I guess, there is no more reason for me too. I am sure anyway that you will watch it too. 
Yeah! 3D again!
But wait, I also wanna share the OST of this movie by Carrie Underwood, entitled  

There's a Place for Us

There's a place out there for us 
More than just a prayer or anything we ever dreamed of. 
So if you feel like giving up 
Cause you don't fit in down here 
Fear is crashing in close your eyes and take my hand. 
We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe. 

It's written in the stars that shine above 
A world where you and I belong 
Where faith and love will keep us strong 
Exactly who we are is just enough 
Yes there's a place for us there's a place for us. 

When the water meets the sky 
Where your heart is free and hope comes back to life 
Where these broken hands are whole again 
We will find what we've been waiting for 
We were made for so much more 
We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe. 

It's written in the stars that shine above 
A world where you and I belong 
Where faith and love will keep us strong 
Exactly who we are is just enough 
Yes there's a place for us 
Now there's a place for us 
So hold on now hold on 
There's a place for us 
We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe. 

It's written in the stars that shine above 
A world where you and I belong 
Where faith and love will keep us strong 
Exactly who we are is just enough 
Exactly who we are is just enough 
There's a place for us

What a lifeylicious song! 

No comments:

Post a Comment